In 2019, the Republic of Belarus marks the 65th anniversary of joining the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). For many years, our country has maintained fruitful and dynamic relations with this international organization.
UNESCO is an important partner of Belarus in solving socio-cultural challenges, as well as a unique platform for promoting the achievements in culture, science, education, information technology, the state’s foreign policy initiatives and mutually beneficial bilateral contacts.
The Republic of Belarus attaches great importance to the cooperation with UNESCO. The country takes an active position in the governing and subsidiary bodies of the organization, makes a significant contribution to shaping its policy and agenda, participates in the development of normative documents, and initiates new fields of work.
The anniversary of Belarus’s membership in UNESCO is a landmark event and a good reason to show the results of this fruitful cooperation.
This virtual project reveals the most important areas of cooperation between the Republic of Belarus and UNESCO.
- UNESCO in brief
- The Byelorussian SSR in UNESCO: the history of relationships
- The Republic of Belarus and UNESCO: the general issues of cooperation
- Cooperation of Belarus and UNESCO in education
- Cooperation of Belarus and UNESCO in science
- Cooperation of Belarus and UNESCO in the field of Culture
- Cooperation of Belarus and UNESCO in the field of Communication and Information
- UNESCO and Chernobyl
- UNESCO and the National Library of Belarus
- Belarus and UNESCO celebration of anniversaries