The General department was established on 1 January 2006. The General department is the structural subdivision of the National Library of Belarus (the Library hereinafter) and is subordinate to the Director.
The major task of the division is the office work management and the departmental archive maintenance.
- Organizational management for document support of the Library administration and board meetings.
- Control of progress, preparation and implementation of documents at a stated time.
- Preparation of data about the results of implementation of documents and systematic informing of the Library administration.
- Registration of signed documents through the system of electronic documents circulation Record, registration and reference work with documents and transfer of outgoing documents for their further cross-posting.
- Development and introduction of regulating and methodological documents on the improvement of documents circulation in the Library.
- Development of the Library’s File Register, its filing and operative use.
- Development of uniform documents of the Library and their due alternation.
- Control of the established order of work with documents in the Library.
- Participation in work with suggestions, applications of the Library employees and applications of individuals and juridical persons in written form (except for those registered in the compliant book), registration of citizens for personal reception to the Library administration.
- Preparation of documents listed on the General department’s File Register for submission to the Library’s archive.
- Control of correct drawing up of documents and transfer of dossiers from the Library subdivisions to the archive.
- Organizational management of the archive in conformity with the legislation on archive-keeping of the Republic of Belarus, regulations, instructions, methodological recommendations of the National Archive Service of the Republic of Belarus. Safekeeping of the Library’s archive.
- Development of measures for the improvement of the forms and methods of work with documents and the improvement of executive discipline.
- Arrangement of events for professional training of the Library employees in the field of office work and archive-keeping.
- Use of modern technologies for office work and archiving of the Library’s documents.
- Safekeeping and control of application of constitutive documents of the Library, seals (the official seal of the Library, seal “For documents”), stamps (letterhead official stamp, stamp with the organization’s name, stamps for registration of incoming mail, stamp “For letters”).
- Preparation of business trips of the Library employees within the Republic of Belarus and abroad.
- Preparation of orders, directions, reports, references and other information that the General department’s terms of reference cover on the instructions of the Director.
- Coordination (visa) of documents listed on the department’s File register and signed (confirmed) by the Director of the Library.
- Reception and transfer of documents through the departmental e-mail of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus.
- Reception of documents and orders, sending of data about executors and reports on execution of orders through the Uniform information control system of execution of orders of Head of State (EIS KVB).
Structure and staff
Head of department: Inessa Pol
Теl: (375 17) 266 37 09; (375 17) 293 25 30; (internal number: 75 30)
Waiting room administrative secretary:
Leading methodologist Tamara Esipovich
Теl: (+375 17) 293 25 00 (internal number: 75 00)
Fax: (+375 17) 266 37 06
Specialists of the department:
Теl: (+375 17) 293 25 29, 293 25 89 (internal number: 75 29; 75 89)
Теl: (+375 17) 293 28 31 (internal number: 78 31)
Content maintenance of the electronic document management system Record.