On December 27, at the National Library of Belarus took place a creative laboratory on formation of the database “Scientists of Belarus”.
The event was prepared by employees of the National Database of Authoritative Records Division of the National Library of Belarus (NLB) in cooperation with the Committee for Cataloguing of Belarusian Library Association. More than 50 representatives of university libraries of Minsk and Mogilev participated in the event.
At the event participants delivered their reports on methods of the database development:
- T.V. Kuzminich, the NLB Deputy Director for Information Resources;
- L.L. Bushilo, the Head of the NLB National Database of Authoritative Records Division;
- Z.A. Petrovskaya, the chief librarian of the NLB Library and Information Technologies Division;
- I.P. Kazhuro, the chief bibliographer of the NLB National Database of Authoritative Records Division;
- M.V. Senko, the Deputy Director of the Fundamental Library of Belarusian State University.
Questions of the current state of the database and prospects of its development, as well as its search engines and the major stages of collection and provision of factographic files were considered.
The creative laboratory allowed real and potential participants of the project to learn about accepted and new methods of the database maintenance and to exchange experience in the field of cooperation with university faculty. Participants made their suggestions concerning foundation of the Coordinating council for the corporate database “Scientists of Belarus” development, and feedback with all participants of the project establishment.