On June 3, 2008, in the NLB’s mobile gallery took place the opening of the exhibition of photos by Anatoly Dribas “Treasures of Nieswizh”.
Photos by Anatoly Dribas were published in the series of catalogues dedicated to the cultural heritage of Belarus. There are monographs about Kamenets tower, Zhirovichy monastery, Svyato-Dukhov cathedral in Minsk, Polotsk historical and cultural reserve museum, Gomel palace, Grodno Jesuit church, and other Belarusian architectural monuments.
One of photo chronicles by Anatoly Dribas is dedicated to Nieswizh, the residence of Radziwills, the eminent Belarusian noble family. The artist took photographs of all Nieswizh architectural monuments as well as marvelous interiors. Among them – the Nieswizh Roman-Catholic church built in 1593 by the project by Giovanni Maria Bernardoni, the eminent Italian architect. This is the first baroque monument in the Eastern Europe which wall-paintings were regarded by Radziwills’ contemporaries as a “wonder of the world”. Nieswizh palace, the witness of the might of the ancient noble family, still keeps the touch of its former luxury. The perfection of palace is impressive, although it is being restored now. Recently restored Nieswizh town hall is also the treasure of the town.
The photo chronicles will be interesting for art critics, restorers, an as well everyone who is interested in the history of Belarusian art.
The exhibition is open untill July 10.
|A. Dribas, the photographer||On the right:
F. A. Yastreb,
the head of exhibition organizing
and A. Dribas