On May 27th, the National Library of Belarus hosts a round table “The book in museum space”. We invite you to take part in the event.
Purposes of the round table: experience exchange, consideration of issues and study of practices of the functioning of books as museum exhibits. Libraries and museums of Belarus have a rich tradition not only in the field of gathering and preservation of book monuments, but also in demonstration of books to visitors. It is necessary to study the experience in the sphere of arrangement of book exhibitions, and also to develop new effective methods of presentation of book collections in order to provide a wider access to book values to different representatives of society.
- The book as a subject of exhibition activity of libraries and museums: historical aspects.
- Communicative function of the book as a museum exhibit.
- Methods of exhibiting of the book.
- Specificity of the activity of book museums in Belarus and abroad.
- The book as a basic exhibit of literary museums.
- The book as an exhibit of personal exhibitions of writers.
- One-work exhibitions.
- One-book exhibitions.
- Exhibition activity of libraries.
- Safekeeping of the book in a museum exposition.
To join the event as a participant and lecturer, please register online not later than on May 19th, 2014, on the Internet portal of the National Library of Belarus www.nlb.by.
Meal, lodging and transportation expenses are paid by participants of the conference. .
Tatiana Sapega, head of the Scientific and project design work section, the Bibliology department
e-mail: email@example.com; tel. (375 17) 293 27 82.
Tatiana Zakharova, head of the Museum activity section, the Bibliology department
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. (375 17) 293 27 22.