On April 26-27, the National Library of Belarus hosted the 14th International Bibliological Conference, timed to the 400th anniversary of the first published Slavic alphabet book "Bukvar".
The conference was organized by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus and the National Library of Belarus. The co-organizers were the Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after M. Tank and the National Institute of Education. The scientific event partners were the “MOST” project of the European Union and the Polish Institute in Minsk.
The event is aimed at consolidation of the scientific community to discuss topical issues on the study and popularization of the book heritage, stimulation of the international cooperation of book culture researchers.
The bibliopolical conference gathered more than 400 bibliographers, linguists, literary critics, cultural historians, historians and philosophers, teachers and publishers, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Great Britain, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russian and Ukraine. The widely formulated problems raised interest of the audience.
The next sections were held:
• Educational traditions and book publishing in Belarus
• Study of grammar and Belarusian alphabet book studies
• Belarusian manuscripts
• Belarusian manuscripts and printed books in native and foreign collections
• Belarusian printing houses of the XVI-XVIІІ centuries.
• Belarusian book of the ХIХ–ХХ centuries.
• Contemporary Belarusian book
• Art design of manuscripts and printed books
• Bibliographic record of prominent Belarusian books
• Book in the contemporary social, culture and information environment.
At the conference conclusion the participants expressed their gratitude to the organizers for the high level of the event. The International Bibliological Conference, which is held since 1998, is one of the most important events that unite researchers and specialists from different countries. The 14th conference continued worthy the tradition.