The organising committee of the 5th International Congress "Library as a Phenomenon of Culture", which will be held on October 18–19 in the National Library of Belarus announces the opening of the registration of participants.
The main subject in this year is “Comfortable environment of libraries: new technological and material-technical solutions”.
Experts of libraries, museums, archives, research organizations, educational institutions, representatives of the legislative area, developers and producers of software, hardware and information products are invited to participate in the congress.
Topics to discuss:
• Design and construction of library buildings: history and modernity
• Architecture, design and organization of library space
• Engineering infrastructure of libraries: electricity, lighting, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
• Furniture and other special library equipment
• Audio, video, television, media technologies in the library
• Tools and technologies for ensuring protection, safety and security in the library
• Technical means of communication and telecommunication systems in the library
• Networking hardware and software of libraries
• Technologies of cloud computing in the activity of libraries
• Informational search systems of libraries
• Electronic libraries and online resources in the library and information space
• Technical means of scanning, copying, replicating documents in the library
• Internet technologies in the libraries activity: services
More information about the Congress and registration of participants is available on the Conference website.