A seminar "Information resources of Oxford University Press for research and higher education" was held on March 21 in the Library.
The seminar was organized by the National Library of Belarus and Oxford University Press.
The seminar was opened by Tatiana Kuzminich, Deputy Director of the National Library of Belarus for Information Resources.
Martin Dembowsky, Regional Manager of Oxford University Press in the CIS, reports on scientific information resources of the publishing house, as well as opportunities to work with them on a unique publishing platform.
For Belarusian scientists, a training on the placement of publications in rating foreign journals was held. The following issues were considered in detail:
- choosing of the magazine for publication;
- criteria for the quality of a scientific article;
- technical, substantive and stylistic requirements for a scientific article;
- editorial process, terms of consideration and publication;
- reasons for refusal of scientific articles;
- co-authorship of scientific articles.
The seminar was attended by more than 90 listeners: teaching staff of leading universities, doctoral and graduate students, heads and specialists of libraries and information centers, representatives of Belarusian publishing houses.
Access to the scientific journals of the Oxford University Press is available to readers of the National Library of Belarus.