1.The Rules about information copying (the Rules hereinafter) regulate the order, arrangement, methods and quantity of information copying on user’s request in the National Library of Belarus (the Library hereinafter).
2. Information copying is carried out in compliance with the following documents:
THE ORDER OF COPYING OF INFORMATION
8. The library provides the following copying services:
BOOKING AND FILLING OF ORDERS
15. Copying of information access to which the Library provides is carried out in reading rooms and points of service.
16. Photocopying and scanning of user’s personal documents are carried out in the Library’s lobby only.
17. When copying information, scaling, margin setting, editing and recognition of files are not performed. One page of photocopy can’t contain fragments of different printed originals.
18. When placing an order for any kind of copying user must put down the size of a copy (numbers of pages in printed documents), numbers of tracks in audio documents, names of files and format of information saving. Otherwise the Library can’t guarantee the accuracy of order filling.
19. Copying services are provided after payment upon presentation of a cashed check to assistant librarian (or operator at the point of service).
20. Reception of documents to be copied ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
EXECUTION ORDER FOR PARTICULAR KINDS OF SERVICES
21. Photocopying execution order.
21.1. General volume of photocopies reserved by one user in a reading room can’t exceed 40 pages.
22. Scanning execution order.
22.1. Depending on complicity and volume of an order, scanning of information can be carried out in the presence of a user or by previous order.
22.2. Scanning of fragments of documents in pfd format is carried out in the presence of a user, if the general volume of an order doesn’t exceed 40 pages (except for documents listed in paragraph 11 of the given Rules, and microforms).
22.3. Scanning of fragments of documents listed in paragraph 11 of the given Rules and microforms in pdf, tif and jpg formants is carried out by advance order, independently of their volume ; advance booking is required.
22.4. In the Manuscripts, old-printed editions and rare books reading room the general volume of an order for scanning of manuscripts, archival materials and old-printed editions of the 15th – 16th centuries can’t exceed 10 pages; the general volume of an order for scanning of old-printed editions of the 17th – 18th centuries can’t exceed 20 pages; the general volume of an order for scanning of rare editions of the 19th is up to 40 pages.
22.5. Advance booking for scanning is made in any reading room.
22.6. Bookings are fulfilled depending on the size: scanning of more than 40 pages of fragments of documents, documents listed in paragraph 11 of the given Rules (except for manuscripts, rare books and old-printed editions) and electronic copying of fragments of is carried out within two days (except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays); scanning of fragments of manuscripts, rare books and old-printed editions is carried out within three days (except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays).
22.7. In the event of specific or complex technical requirements timing of orders can be extended.
23. Copying of electronic data.
23.1. For copying of electronic data it is advisable to provide clear electronic media which don’t contain other information.
23.2. Export of information is carried out after virus test. During the test virus files can be deleted by the system. In the presence of virus files that can’t be deleted copying of information is denied.
23.3. In the event that electronic data is copied onto media containing other information, quality check is not performed and the Library doesn’t guarantee the quality of a record.
23.4. Quality check is carried out by assistant librarian on user’s demand.
24. Copying of audio materials.
24.1. Fragments of audio documents are copied onto user’s media (electronic or ferromagnetic) advance booking is required.
24.2. Reception of orders is carried out in the Music and audiovisual documents reading room.
24.3. Timing of orders makes 24 hours (except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays).