CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. These Regulations are developed in conformity with the National Library of Belarus’ Code of Service, the Rules about Internet access in the reading rooms of the National Library of Belarus, the Rules about information copying, the Library carrel instructions and the Rules about electronic documents service, and specify the service procedure at the Scientific Reading Room (the Reading Room hereinafter).
2. The Reading Room provides services to scientists, research workers, specialists having a scientific degree, university professors, persons with low vision or blindness.
3. The Reading Room delivers documents from the Library’s stock and provides access to the deposit collection and the Library’s electronic resources.
4. Users with low vision or blindness can work with regular printed pages and electronic documents with the use of special equipment installed in the carrels.
5. The Reading Room and the PhD reading room have a combined circulation desk located in the auditorium 206а (the circulation desk hereinafter).
6. The work time of the Reading Room corresponds with that of the National Library of Belarus (the Library hereinafter).
CHAPTER 2. CONSULTATION
7. Information on the Library’s resources and services, reading rooms and rules to observe is provided by the on-duty librarian at the circulation desk.
CHAPTER 3. DOCUMENTS ORDERED FROM THE STOCK
8. Order of documents is made via the Library’s electronic catalog (EC hereinafter) from any user workstation or on the Library’s Internet portal, except for documents which are not presented in EC (order form is required).
9. An order form is to be filled in by user and passed to a librarian at the circulation desk.
10. Order limit: 30 documents by EC, 3 documents by order form.
11. Fulfillment of orders ceases 1 hour before the closing time of the Library. An order made after the aforesaid time will be fulfilled on any day at user’s option.
12. An order is fulfilled in 30 minutes on average.
13. Documents ordered from the stock are given at the circulation desk, upon presentation of a library card. Some kinds of documents: manuscripts, rare and early printed editions, dissertations, music editions, electronic, audiovisual, graphic documents, newspapers etc. are delivered in profile reading rooms.
14. Documents booked by order form are delivered upon presentation of a library card.
15. A user can take documents booked by other users (up to 1 item, the term of use - up to 1 hour).
16. User must keep an order form enclosed in a borrowed document when it is in use.
17. Circulation of documents ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
18. Borrowed documents must be returned to a librarian at the circulation desk of the Room after use. User must notify a librarian of the necessity to book documents, extend the lending period or return them to the Library’s stock.
19. The lending period for documents is 30 days. In case of need it can be extended to 90 days on conditions that documents are not demanded by other users.
20. One user can book up to 60 documents.
21. User is responsible for all borrowed documents. In the event that you detect any damages when working with documents, please notify an assistant librarian.
CHAPTER 4. DOCUMENTS ORDERED FROM THE DEPOSIT COLLECTION
22. Documents from the deposit collection are available to all users of the Library.
23. When taking documents from the deposit collection please do not break their arrangement on the shelving.
Borrowed documents are to be placed into special carriages near the shelving after use.
24. Documents from the deposit collection can’t be booked.
25. It is forbidden to take away documents from the Reading Room without the permission of the on-duty librarian.
CHAPTER 5. ACCESS TO ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
26. The Library’s electronic resources are available on any workstation.
27. Access to the Internet resources is provided on user workstations allocated by the Library.
28. Internet access is provided upon presentation of a library card.
29. Any system operations or software reconfiguration are forbidden when working with the Library’s electronic resources.
30. To process information, you can use the MS Office suite of applications.
31. To save electronic data, please use the file "Portfolio" on a user workstation. Data export is provided by the on-duty librarian on user request.
32. To work with you own electronic data media, you can rent a carrel equipped with a PC.
CHAPTER 6. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
33. The Reading Room offers additional (paid) services as follow: photocopying and scanning of fragments of documents from the Library’s stocks, export of electronic information to different kinds of media and rent of carrels, according to the Service Price List of the National Library of Belarus (the Price List hereinafter).
34. Copying of documents from the Library’s stocks (up to 40 pages) is made by the on-duty librarian at the circulation desk. Copying of more than 40 pages is made by operators.
35. Scanning of documents from the Library’s stocks (up to 40 pages) is made by the on-duty librarian at the circulation desk or by operators. Scanning of more than 40 pages is made by preliminary order within 2 days (except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays).
36. Please notify operators on numbers of pages to be copied.
37. To make a preliminary order, you must fill in a form and pay for the service.
38. To copy or print information from the file “Portfolio” you must notify the on-duty librarian on the number of your workstation and the names of created files.
39. Data export is performed after virus test. In the presence of viruses the service is denied.
40. Service payment is made at cash desks, according to the Price List.
41. Service rendering ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
To solve any problems that are not settled by this Regulation, ask head of the Library Service Department or First Deputy Director for User Service and Ideology.