1. These Instructions are developed in conformity with the Code of Service of the National Library of Belarus, the Rules about Internet access in the reading rooms of the National Library of Belarus, the Rules about information copying, the Library carrel instructions and the Rules about electronic documents service, and specify the service procedure in the Fine arts reading room (the Room hereinafter).
2. The Room provides services to bachelors, post-graduates, seekers of a master’s or an academic degree and other certificated specialists in fine and theatrical arts.
In the Room all users have access to graphic documents from the depository of the National Library of Belarus (the Library hereinafter).
3. The Room provides access to documents from the depository, the deposit collection of the Room and electronic resources of the library.
4. The work time of the Room corresponds with the work time of the Library.
USER INSTRUCTION ABOUT DOCUMENTS ORDERED FROM THE LIBRARY’S DEPOSITORY
5. User can apply to librarian on duty for information how to search bibliographical information and order documents from the depository.
6. Order of documents (except for journals and serials unavailable in the Electronic catalog of the Library (EC hereinafter) and electronic supplements to printed editions) is made automatically on any user workbench by the library's EC.
7. To order journals and serials unavailable in the EC and electronic supplements to printed editions, user must fill in the order form and pass it to librarian at the delivery desk of the Room.
8. User can order up to 30 documents in automated mode or fill in up to 5 order forms for magazines and serials (unavailable in the EC) and up to 3 order forms for electronic supplements.
9. Booking service “today for today” ceases 1 hour before the Library’s closing time. Bookings made later are fulfilled on a day the user chooses when placing an order.
10. The order is fulfilled within 30 minutes.
11. User receives ordered documents (except for electronic supplements to printed editions) at the delivery desk of the Room upon presentation of a library card. Electronic supplements to printed editions are delivered in the Music and audiovisual documents reading room.
12. To receive journals and serials ordered by form user must passa library card toan assistant librarian.
13. User can take 1 copy booked by other users. The term of use is 1 hour at the most.
14.User must keep a filled order form put in a borrowed document during the whole period of use.
15. Delivery of documents ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
16. Borrowed documents are to be returned at the delivery desk in the anteroom. User must notify an assistant librarian of the necessity to book documents, extend the lending period or return documents to the depository.
17. User can book documents for 30 days. If necessary and on condition that there is no request from other users the booking period can be extended. The booking period for documents is 90 days at the most.
18. User can book up to 80 documents (including 60 books and magazines and 20 graphic editions).
19. User is responsible for all taken documents. In the event that you detect any damages when working with borrowed documents, please notifyan assistant librarian.
USER INSTRUCTION ABOUT DOCUMENTS FROM THE DEPOSIT COLLECTION
20. Documents from the deposit collection of the Room are available to all users of the Library.
21. User can take documents from the open section of the deposit collection. Please don’t break the system of arrangement on the shelving. It is advisable to put them in place or leave on specially designated shelves after use.
22. Documents from the closed section of the deposit collection are delivered by an assistant librarian by user’s request. User can take up to 40 documents at once.
23. To receive documents user must pass a library card toan assistant librarian.
24. Documents from the deposit collection can’t be booked.
25. It is forbidden to take away documents from the deposit collection of the Room.
26. Delivery of documents from the closed section of the deposit collection ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
27. User is responsible for all taken documents. In the event that you detect any damages when working with borrowed documents, please notifyan assistant librarian.
ACCESS TO ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
28. Electronic resources of the Library are available on any user workbench.
29. Access to Internet resources is provided on user workbenches of the Room for educational and research purposes only.
30. Before accessing Internet user must pass a library card to an assistant librarian.
31. User can apply to an assistant librarian for information about how to use electronic resources. In the event of complex information query user can apply to the consultant bibliographer.
32. Access to Internet resources is free of charge.
33. It is forbidden to perform any system operations in the computer network or reinstall software when working with electronic resources.
34. User can use text editors "WordPad" and "Notepad" when processing electronic data. To avoid information loss it is advisable to save intermediate files when working with text documents.
35. It is forbidden to process data on users’ electronic media. To work with your own media, take a carrel equipped with PC in the General Reading Room, Belarusian literature Reading Room, PhD's Reading Room.
PROVISION OF ADDITIONAL SERVICES
36. The Room offers additional (paid) services as follow: photocopying and scanning (including in color) of fragments of documents from the collections of the Library, export of electronic information to different kinds of data media, rent of the Group Session Hall and carrels according to the legislation of the Republic of Belarus and the Service Price List of the National Library of Belarus (the Price list hereinafter).
37. The Room provides photocopying (including in color) of up to 40 pages of documents from the Library’s stocks. Photocopying of more document pages is carried out by operators in the atrium on the first floor.
38. To get documents copied user must fill in the order form and note down the numbers of pages to be copied.
39. The Room provides scanning of up to 40 pages (format А3, А4) of documents from the Library’s stocks (color scanning – up to 20 pages). Scanning of more pages and other document formats is carried out by preliminary order made by user at the delivery desk of the Room.
40. To make order for documents scanning user must fill in the order form, pay the order and render clear electronic media. Fulfillment of the order is made within 2 days.
41. Saving and further copying of electronic information to different kinds of media is made through the file “Briefcase” only on user’s workbench, according to the Instruction about electronic information saving.
42. To copy information from the file “Briefcase” user must notify an assistant librarian of the number of user workbench and the name of created file.
43. To copy electronic information it is advisable to render clear electronic medium. Export of information is performed after virus test (during which virus files can be deleted by the system). In the presence of virus files that can’t be deleted copying of information is denied.
44. Payment is made by user at cash desks upon presentation of the order form filled by an assistant librarian, according to the Price list.
45. Paid service rendering ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
46. The room can be used for group classes, focused on cultural and educational themes, up to 2 hours per day.
47. Contact the duty librarian for additional information.
48. Group classes’ attendees should not disturb other users at the room in any way.
To solve any problems not settled by this Regulation, please apply the Head of the Special Collections Division or the First Deputy Director for User Service and Ideology.