CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. These Regulations are developed in conformity with the National Library of Belarus’ Code of Service, the Rules about Internet access in the reading rooms of the National Library of Belarus, the Rules about information copying, the Library carrel instructions and the Rules about electronic documents service, and specify the service procedure between the National Library of Belarus ans the users of the Individual Loan (the IL hereinafter).
2. The IL’s activities are aimed at satisfying of scientific, industrial and educational needs of users.
3. The readers of the Library registered and living in Minsk have the right to use the IL’s services.
4. The Room provides services candidates and doctors of sciences; graduate students; teachers of higher and secondary special educational institutions; employees of research institutions; employees who work in the Library for at least 3 months.
5. As part of the IL service, services of issuing original documents from the Library’s deposits for temporary use, providing access to the Library's electronic resources, as well as additional services are provided: photocopying, scanning document fragments, exporting electronic information to different types of media.
6. The IL service is paid (except the access to the Library's electronic resources) according to the Price list of paid services rendered by the state institution "National Library of Belarus" (Price List hereinafter).*
7. User Service of the IL is carried out by the department of interlibrary loan and document delivery (hereinafter - department).
8. The IL’s operation hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - from 10º to 19ºº.
8.1. From July 1 to August 31 (summer period):
9. The main basis for recording users is:
- a diploma (copy) of the degree of candidate or doctor of science;
- for readers of the Library who do not have a scientific degree of a candidate or a doctor of sciences – a petition from the place work or study with the justification of the purpose or notification of the topic of scientific research;
- the library reader's ticket.
11. The order of documents is made automatically on any user workbench in the Electronic catalog of the Library (EC hereinafter) or the Library Internet-portal.
12. The order is fulfilled within 30 minutes.
13. The ordered documents are located in the reading room of the department within 3 days from the date of the order. Unclaimed documents are sent to the deposit.
14. Documents from the closed part of the deposit of the department are issued by the librarian on duty without a previous order on the user's verbal request.
15. Documents from the open part of the deposit can be used by the user himself, without disturbing the system of placement on the shelves.
16. Documents are issued upon the reader's card submission in the reading room of the department.
17. The issued documents are accompanied by a special pass, which must be presented to the security officer upon leaving the Library.
18. The period of use of documents is 30 days. The most demanded documents are issued for a shorter period (from 3 to 10 days). **
19. The orders acceptance ceases 30 minutes before the closing time of the department reading room.
20. The IL service does not apply to publications:
21. Electronic resources of the Library are available on any user workbench.
23. Before accessing Internet user must pass the library card to an assistant librarian.
24. User can use text editors "WordPad" and "Notepad" when processing electronic data. To avoid information loss it is advisable to save intermediate files when working with text documents.
25. While working with electronic resources, it is inadmissible to perform system procedures on the computer network, reinstall the software.
26. Electronic information can be saved only through the "Portfolio" folder of the user's automated workplace (hereinafter referred to as the "Portfolio" folder) in accordance with the Instruction for the Preservation of Electronic Information.
27. The Room offers additional (paid) services as follow: photocopying and scanning of fragments of documents from the collections of the Library, export of electronic information to different kinds of data media, rent of the Group Session Hall and carrels according to the legislation of the Republic of Belarus and the Service Price List of the National Library of Belarus (the Price list hereinafter).
28. In the Room user can have copied up to 40 document pages from the Library’s stocks. Photocopying of more document pages is carried out by operators in the photocopying points.
29. The Room provides scanning of up to 10 pages of documents from the Library’s stocks.*** Scanning of more pages and other document formats is carried out by preliminary order made by user at the delivery desk of the Room. Fulfillment of the order is made within 1-3 working days.
30. To make order for documents scanning user must fill in the order form, pay the order and render clear electronic media or notice an e-mail.
31. To copy information from the file “Briefcase” user must notify an assistant librarian of the number of user workbench and the name of created file.
32. To copy electronic information it is advisable to render clear electronic medium. Export of information is performed after virus test (during which virus files can be deleted by the system). In the presence of virus files that can’t be deleted copying of information is denied.
USER RIGHTS AND RESPONSABILITIES
36. Users have a right:
36.1 to receive the original documents according to p. 20 of this Procedure, copies of fragments of documents from the Library's funds;
37. Users are obliged:
37.1. safeguard the documents received for temporary use;
38. The Library has a right:
39. The Library is obliged:
39.1. to provide high-quality services to users for the provision of originals of documents and additional services except the cases described in p. 20 of this Procedure;
* Library employees are served for free (except the additional services).