We invite you to a series of interactive lectures and concerts "National Musical Heritage of Belarus".
Interactive lectures and concerts will include listening to the music of Belarusian composers performed by the musical capella of the Center for Research of Belarusian Culture, Language and Literature of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, taking part in the development of samples of the national musical heritage, as well as getting acquainted with the results of modern research in the field of Belarusian musical local lore. Multimedia illustrations will vividly complement the theme of the lecture and the performance of works.
The series is organized by the musical chapel of the Center for Research of Belarusian Culture, Language and Literature of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, the Department of Musical and Performing Arts of the Institute of Art History, Ethnography and Folklore, the scientific and creative association "Facultatis" of the Belarusian Union of Musical Figures.
Artistic and scientific supervisor of the project – Candidate of Art History Galina Pavlovna Tsmyg.
Schedule of lectures and concerts:
- 20 December – An angel arrived at christmas
- 26 January – "Play me a pipe, and I'll dance"
- 23 February – "I have got the legacy from the ancestors"
- 30 March – "Offering to the Mother of God"
- 27 April – Talaka
- 25 May – "Musical a cappella"
- 28 September – "Hanna, my heart, you are my love"
- 26 October – "In front of you, we sing an old-fashioned custom"
- 30 November – "Music from the Belarusian estate"
We cordially invite you to the performance "Offering to the Mother of God" on March 30rd.
Entrance is free (provided a reader's ticket or a social and cultural center pass is submitted).
For more info: (+375 17) 293 27 52.
The article is provided by the Special Collections Service Department.