We invite you to participate in the Fifteenth International Bibliological Conference, which is to be held at the National Library of Belarus, on April 4–5, 2019.
The anniversary Fifteenth Bibliological Conference is dedicated to the 40th anniversary of the Bibliology Research Department of the National Library of Belarus. The conference will analyze the scientific achievements of the Department and talk about people who gained the deserved credibility for the Department. Definitely, the activities and fruitful work of many members of the Department have contributed to the establishment and development of the distinctive national school of the book studies.
The theme of the conference will be diverse, with a constant focus on the Belarusian book culture and understanding of its phenomenon in the international context. As usual, conference topics of interest include questions on the manuscript and printed book culture from the antiquity to the modern development tendencies.
Topics of interest:
- The Bibliology Research Department of the National Library of Belarus: traditions and achievements.
- Contemporary bibliological schools, studies and concepts.
- The role of a person in the creation and development of the Belarusian book studies.
- Belarusian manuscripts.
- Belarusian manuscripts and printed books in the domestic and foreign collections.
- Belarusian printing houses of the 16th–18th centuries.
- The Belarusian book of the 19th–20th centuries.
- Historic libraries and the development of librarianship in Belarus.
- Art design of manuscripts and printed books.
- Bibliographic record of prominent Belarusian books.
- The modern Belarusian book.
- The book in the contemporary social, culture and information environment.
Working languages: Belarusian, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, English.
Accommodation, meals and transportation expenses are covered by the conference participants.
Call for papers:
The set of conference papers is projected for publication. We accept original papers of scientific and applied value in Belarusian, Russian and English. The organizing committee is authorized to select papers for reading at the conference and articles for publication. Please submit your paper by e-mails email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2019.
Format requirements for papers:
- The author’s/coauthor’s full name, surname, patronymic (if any), the full name of the organization, city, country; the full name, surname, patronymic (if any) of a person who will present the paper at the conference, the title of the paper.
- The paper with the annotation, drawings and addendums should be up to 6 pages, format А4, Times New Roman, type size 13, 1.5 line spacing, file type DOC or RTF (Microsoft Word).
- The reference list after the main body of your paper should be ordered alphabetically. The references in square brackets should be at the end of the sentence, for example [3, p. 15].
- The summary in Russian and English should be up to 400 symbols (including spaces).