Library Service Department
The major task of the department is to provide a differentiated user service in the reading rooms and meeting information needs with traditional and new information technologies.
- organization of differentiated user service;
- formation of the central deposit collection;
- development of users’ information culture;
- profile research and methodological work.
- delivering documents from the central collection of the Library, deposit collections of the division and documents received on interlibrary loan;
- providing access to electronic resources of the Library and international electronic resources;
- acquiring documents for the central deposit collection and the deposit collections of the division, document registration and safekeeping;
- providing consultations to users;
- reference and bibliographic user service;
- informing users on new documents acquired by the Library;
- providing service to blind and visually impaired users with the use of special equipment;
- providing additional (paid) services: photocopying and scanning, export of electronic information to different kinds of media, use of carrels, determining publication activities of authors/organizations.
Structure and staff
Head of the Department:
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 27 03 (internal number: 77 03)
Reception hours: Wednesday, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
1. Major Service Section
Head of the Section: Tatiana Gordievskaya
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 27 01 (internal number: 77 01), 293 28 55 (internal number: 78 55)
2. Scientists Service Section
Head of the Section: Olga Nesterevskaya
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 27 23 (internal number: 77 23)
3. The Central Deposit Collection Maintenance Section
Head of the Section: Tatiana Gorshkova
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 29 04 (internal number: 79 04), 293 28 55 (internal number: 78 55)
4. Recent Acquisitions Section
Head of the Section: Oksana Brezhneva
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 27 36 (internal number: 77 36)
The central deposit collection
Publications by the employees
Participation in conferences, seminars and round tables