Document Indexing Department
The department carries out a coordinated, classified and subject indexing of documents.
About 60 thousand documents in more than 50 languages are processed annually for the Library’s electronic catalog.
Major functions of the department:
- semantic processing of the following types of documents: books, abstracts of dissertations, dissertations, periodic and continuing editions, newspapers, cartographic publications, music editions, audio-visual documents, electronic resources by means of classification indexing (by means of information retrieval languages of UDC and GRNTI); coordinate indexing; subject indexing of documents published before 2002 inclusive;
- keeping and editing of card classed and subject catalogs of the Library;
- scientific and methodical maintenance of document indexing, formation and keeping of linguistic ware and support of card classed and subject catalogs.
Document indexing is the registration of target data of printed editions: classification indexes of UDC and BBK, author’s sign.
Structure and staff
Head of the Section: Svetlana Pugacheva
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 26 74 (internal number: 76 74)
1. Indexing of Documents on Humanities
Chief Bibliographer: Elena Sidorenko
Tel.: (+375 17) 293 26 77 (internal number: 76 77)
2. Indexing of Documents on Natural and Applied Sciences
Head of the Section: Nelli Kovalevskaya
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 26 89 (internal number: 76 89)
3. Indexing of Documents in Foreign Languages
Head of the Section: Tatiana Filipovich
Теl.: (+375 17) 293 26 75 (internal number: 76 75)
Information resources of the division are lexical units as follow:
- indexes of the Universal Decimal Code (UDC);
- headings of the State List of Classification Headings of Science and Technical Information (GRNTI);
- authority titles.
Publications by the employees